Sunday, June 5, 2011

Instagram


I know I've mentioned in my previous post that I don't plan on posting anything until the conclusion of my exams. This is hardly a purposeless, mind you.

I'm was initially against Instagram when it came to editing pictures because I felt like it was a lazy "one step" job toward a creating a beautiful picture. Everyone was doing it, and it seemed a little insulting to those who actually spend some time on Photoshop, creating these beautiful effects on their pictures (quality aside), only having people asked if its edited via Instagram.


. . .

But I've succumbed.


I will shamelessly admit that I understand its appeal. I guess I've finally seen the perks; one can quickly edit a photo taken via the iPhone camera and it is done beautifully; rather than synching your pictures from your phone to your laptop just to have it edited. Last night, I created an account, and began editing random pictures from my iPhone. It is actually quite fun - or maybe it is because I was looking for an excuse to get myself out of studying momentarily.

Before I digress further into how I've had an epiphany, I just wanted to share with you a picture my friend, Yi Jun took from my iPhone, which I had decided to edit via Instagram yesterday. Isn't it amazing? I love everything about this picture and the simplicity of it all. I only wish this picture was of a better resolution.

This picture was taken at the Lake Gardens Park while completing our Moral Studies project - a group of us brought an orphanage to the park for a day out!

1 comment:

Naim Putera said...

HAHA. It's a personal preference. Nothing's wrong with it as long as you get the desired result.

The picture is lomo-like. Love it. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...